Thursday, November 18, 2010

Signs of the Season

Can yall believe that Thanksgiving is a week away?! I know I've said this before, but my goodness, this year has FLOWN by! I'm beyond excited for Christmas, though, as I love EVERYTHING about this season! I can't get enough of Christmas music (I'm listening to it right now...) and I love the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping. To me, there are a few things that mark the arrival of the holiday season, and they have all appeared in full force.

First, my recent major guilty pleasure of the holidays is the Chick-fil-a Peppermint Milkshake! Have yall had one of these? If not, run, don't walk, to your nearest Chick-fil-a and get one. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Starbucks Christmas coffee cups. Love them, and love the fabulous wintery drinks that fill them! Sorry for the quality of this image... I didn't have the patience to deal my digital camera and its pokey uploading! Also, Starbucks has their holiday drinks buy one, get one free from 2-5 pm today through Sunday, November 21! What a perfect excuse to catch up with a friend over coffee!

Lastly, as I've featured earlier... I love it when stores roll out their Christmas displays of wrapping paper, decorations and all sorts of other fun things! Speaking of wrapping paper, I wrapped my first gifts of the season! With the move coming up, I'm trying to get my shopping and wrapping done early to cut down on stress later.
Notice my fabulous pink and green Hobby Lobby paper I told yall about earlier! Also, I got the polka dot black paper for $0.74 (!) on clearance at Target! I was a little skeptical if it would be Christmas-y enough, but I found that wonderfl glitter ribbon at Michael's and it tied it together nicely, don't you think?

Anyway, on a different note... as I mentioned yesterday, I've earned some extra cash and gift cards by doing online surveys! Now, you won't make a killing, but if you have some time to spare you can make at least a little extra cash and also help shape new product designs, etc. In the past year or so, I've made a little over $175 in cash and gift cards by doing surveys at night while watching tv, etc. One of my favorite survey sites just sent out an e-mail that they are accepting new members, so I thought I would pass it along! This site is called Pinecone Research, and they pay $3 for each survey you do. I know it may not sound like a lot, but these surveys only take about 20 minutes and are actually pretty interesting. Also, some of them can lead to product trials where you get free items to try out! Here is the link to sign up!

Well, I'm off to do some more packing and move prep while dancing around my house to Christmas tunes!

(Milkshake image from here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment