Thursday, August 26, 2010

Game Day Dresses!

We are one week away from one of the best times of year... college football season! I love college football, although UVA, my alma mater, is not exactly what you would call a football powerhouse. Let's put it this way - going into the 2010 season, we're ranked second.... worst team in the country! However, what us 'Hoos lack in football prowess we make up for in game day fashion. While this will sadly be my first football season away from Charlottesville, I am currently living in the middle of SEC territory so almost every shop I go in has dresses in school colors. Lucky for me, Auburn is not too far from us and they have the same colors as UVA (fun fact - the professor who started Auburn's football team was a Wahoo, which is why he suggested navy and orange for Auburn's colors!) so I have seen more than my fair share of adorable game day dresses perfect for tailgating on The Lawn. Most of these have been by a local company called Judith March. Below are some Judith March dresses I'm loving right now!


I love the orange seersucker bow on this navy blue dress!



While not school colors, this dress looks like the perfect weight for a crisp fall day!


We get a lot of Bama fans around here too, and I think this crimson dress is adorable. 

Check out the Judith March blog to check out more pictures of their great dresses! 

4 comments:

  1. I am a new follower and I would like to say that I love that orange and navy dress. Very fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! As a new blogger, it's always encouraging to hear from new followers :)
    I may just end up getting that orange and navy dress! There were several other adorable dresses I saw at a boutique here, but sadly couldn't find pictures online :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That navy dress with he bow is SO cute!! ALMOST makes me wish I had gone to Auburn so I could wear it to a game :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first dress. wahoowa

    ReplyDelete