Sunday, August 15, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Mr. C and I were very blessed to receive a lot of wonderful gadgets as wedding gifts. I have to admit that I love all sorts of new gadgets and anything that makes life easier and improves my quality of life. I'm a complete sucker for all things new and shiny! Without further ado, I present some of my favorite gizmos and gadgets...

 
This little guy is probably my favorite and most used gadget right now. It's the Clarisonic Skin Care Brush and it will revolutionize the way you look at washing your face. It's from the makers of the Sonicare tooth brush, and it's basically just like the Sonicare, but for your face. It's incredibly refreshing and is proven to remove 6x more make up than washing your face manually. It also leaves your skin feeling super smooth and much cleaner. Mr. C has even been known to sneak a wash in before shaving because he says it makes his skin feel softer! They come in the grey, white and pink, and I promise you won't be disappointed if you invest the $200 and get one of these! 



Mr. C and I use our Keurig Platinum Brewer nearly every morning. It's wonderful because it allows us to each enjoy our own hot beverage without any mess or having to brew a whole pot of coffee. I drink my English Breakfast Tea almost religiously, and Mr. C is more of a coffee drinker. You just put the individual "K-Cup," shut the lid and hit brew, and within seconds you have a piping hot, delicious drink! They make literally hundreds of K-Cups from tons of different brands, and best of all you can buy them pretty much wherever normal tea and coffee is sold! 


Prior to the wedding, whenever I asked married friends what Mr. C & I should definitely register for, they almost all immediately told me I should register for the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. At first I didn't know what the big deal was, but now I certainly do. Apart from looking beautiful on my counter (Mr. C doesn't quite grasp its beauty, I must admit...) it just makes baking so much easier. It's wonderful to toss some ingredients in, turn it on and let it go while I tidy up or get the next step of my recipe ready to go. 



I know, I know... it has one of the cheesiest infomercials ever, but I just LOVE my Magic Bullet blender. I was very hesitant at first to buy one, but my mother got me one as a Christmas gift after discovering how wonderful it was from a friend of hers. I am a huge fan of smoothies, and this little guy makes smoothie-making so much easier! Before I had the Magic Bullet, I hardly ever made smoothies because it was such a pain to make one little smoothie in the blender and then have to clean it all up. With the Magic Bullet, you put all of your ingredients in the cup you drink out of, screw on the blade and blend! When all is said and done, you just wash the blade quickly and stick the cup in the dishwasher. I can make a delicious, fresh smoothie in about a minute! It also is great for frozen drinks, mousse, sauces, and so many other things! 

(all images courtesy of the ever wonderful Google Image Search!)

No comments:

Post a Comment