Thursday, August 12, 2010

Treasure Hunting!


What would you say if I told you that all of the items pictured above (worth over $1000 brand new!) were purchased for less than $100 total and are all 100% authentic? Well, it's true! One of my favorite ways to feed my love of fashion while sticking to our budget is to shop at consignment stores. I find it so fun to hunt for treasure and you never know what you'll come across during the process. A lot of things I've bought while consignment shopping have been brand new (like the adorable pair of Jack Rogers Dressy Navajo sandals pictured above!) or only gently used before their original owner either outgrew them or was cleaning out their closet. Their loss is your gain... you won't believe some of the bargains I've found!

Here are some of my best finds and their prices:

Small Gucci handbag (about $500 new!) - $40
Jack Rogers ($120 new) - $10
Burberry polo ($100 new) - $12
Milly top (about $200 new) - $6
BCBG top with the tags still on it ($168 new) - $5
Trina Turk skirt (about $150 new) - $20
Manolo pumps (about $600 new) - $30

Now, you have to have the right frame of mind when you're tackling a consignment shop. Sometimes you have to pick through lots of hideous items to find a gem, but believe me when I say it's thrilling to walk away with an awesome buy. It's definitely not like shopping at the mall, but if you have an afternoon to spare, you'd be amazed at what you can find and how much money you can save if you're patient. No matter what kind of budget you're on or what your style is, it's worth it to check out some consignment shops in your area. Who knows? Those Louboutins you've been lusting after at Neimans could be waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. HI! I"m a friend of Trish Nicholls, and she gave me the link to your blog. I. Cannot. Believe. Your. Finds! Manolo's for $30? Oh dear. What a steal! I'm saving money this year by not shopping at the mall and just doing consignment shopping as well. I've found some steals, but not quite as elaborate as Manolo's. I think I must move so I can find them! :) Anyway, it's nice "meeting" you! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete