Sunday, August 22, 2010

Redbox... for designer purses?

As most of you know, we're making the move to San Antonio at the end of the year. Being the type-A person that I am, I spend most of my free time researching anything and everything I can find about San Antonio and all it has to offer. In doing my research, I stumbled upon this new concept that will be making its way to San Antonio and other cities around the country soon.
Allow me to introduce the Chirp vending machine. Brought to you by the makers of Redbox, my favorite rental DVD vending machine company, it is a vending machine that will be placed at grocery stores to vend "affordable luxury goods at up to 75% off retail." Examples listed on the website include brands like Steve Madden and even Gucci! You literally stop with your chicken breasts and milk in hand, scroll through the items on the screen, select the luxury good of your choice, and voila... out it comes! I remember when I was younger, I always wanted to stop and play with the claw machines outside of stores in order to try and win that stuffed animal I absolutely had to have. I guess now I'll have to fight off the urge to stop and buy the latest designer bag?

I'm really not sure how I feel about a Gucci vending machine. What are your thoughts on it? Do you think it will catch on around the country or totally flop?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous idea--if you remember to go get the coupon before you shop! Not sure the people who usually buy high-end merchandise will think about discounts-might not catch on.

    ReplyDelete